Monday, September 1, 2014

Fiber Arts at Recent Shows in the Bay Area: San Francisco ACC

I try to go to the San Francisco ACC Show every year. Since I've been in the bay area, I've only missed a few. I love high end crafts. If you have one in your area, you should make the effort to attend since the overall quality is high. This years show had an abundance of fiber art. There were knitting, felting and weaving artisans at this show. I'm going to follow the order I worked through the show.

The first artisan I encountered was Andrea GEER Designs. She had a lot of stylish and fun knits. I wish I was taller so I could where some of these.
Across the aisle was Muffy Young Handweaving and Cloth Design. As you can see, there were many wonderful scarves and shawls in this booth.
Teresa Ruch Designs was also present. I have purchased her hand dyed Tencel yarns at Stitches 2014 and Knitting Lab 2013. She manages to get beautifully dark and intense colors. Her hand weaves were no exception. (The spots are from my camera - I need to clean the lens!)
Kathy Colt artisan textiles makes use of Nuno Felting to create wonderful shawls and spectacular wall pieces, pillows and other decorative pieces.
Another interesting knit designer was Kaoru Izushi Knit Design. This artisan had many Asian inspired silhouettes

This was a particularly good year at the show. I can't wait for next year.


Prairie Willow can be found on Ravelry at noliegirl. Prairie Willow is an avid knitter and jewelry designer. My jewelry can be found at Prairie Willow Jewelry;

Photos copyright Prairie Willow Knits. All designs shown are copyright of the designers.

No comments:

Post a Comment