Monday, September 8, 2014

Casual Knit Along at Green Planet Yarn

Back in May, several Green Planet Yarn regulars went on a field trip to A Verb for Keeping Warm to see the Brooklyn Tweed trunk show (We would love to see Brooklyn Tweed yarns at GPY, since its a traffic laden, time consuming trip to AVKW. Hint, hint, Brooklyn Tweed.) I tagged along since I like the AVKW house yarns. I already had a couple of sweaters worth of loft, so I wasn't planning on any purchases.

At first I did OK, and only bought some buttons. Others bought some sweaters worth of yarn. We left and went to lunch.

...and then we went back! I made the "mistake" of trying on the Pente sweater. In print, this sweater didn't interest me. Then I tried it on. It looked amazingly good. Not only that, but the sweater looks good on multiple body types. Well as you might of guessed,

I bought a sweaters worth as did two others. We decided on a knit along. A fourth person decided to join the knit along using her hand spun.

Since we are knitting sweaters of different sizes, the knit along can't be competive knit along. Hopefully I'll have a group shot by the time this post is published.

My project can be found on Ravelry at Gomoku. I'll discuss the sweater construction in a later post.


Prairie Willow can be found on Ravelry at noliegirl. Prairie Willow is an avid knitter and jewelry designer. My jewelry can be found at Prairie Willow Jewelry;

Photos copyright Prairie Willow Knits. "Pente" pattern copyright by Carol Feller..

No comments:

Post a Comment