Monday, August 11, 2014

Stitches West Class Signup 2015 is OPEN

Stitches West class sign up was moved forward by almost 2 months. I didn't notice it right away, even though I received email stating such. Thank heavens my knitting friends discovered this fact. As it turned out, this change in schedule was a good thing as I got all of my classes with no trouble. Last year, the Stitches web site died or became overloaded (who knows which) in the middle of my registration. I'm hoping that the reason I didn't have any trouble has to do with capacity improvement and not the fact that a lot of people were taken off guard.

I ended up signing up for 5 classes this year:

  • Surprisingly Special Techniques with Anna Zilboorg. I have been told many times that Anna Zilboorg classes are good. So this year, I decided to see for myself. I I Guess I'm not the only one, since the class is sold out
  • Introduction to Double Knitting with Alasdair Post-Quinn. I was hoping to take the full suite of double knitting classes, but the second class conflicted with Anna Zilboorg, so this is the only one I'm taking. I probably could have figured this out for myself, but classes like this provide a lot of tips and tricks that make my knitting life easier. This class also sold out.
  • Zip Me Up! with Michelle Hunter. I've always wanted to know how to put a zipper in a sweater. Apparently so does everyone else as this class is also sold out.
  • Steeking:3 ways with Janel Laidman.This is another technique I've wanted to learn. At least 3 other Green Planet Yarn regulars are going to be in this one.
  • Demystifying Set-in Sleeves with Margaret Fisher. I needed to take another class on this topic. I'm hoping for more real math in this one.
  • While I managed to find a good selection of classes, there weren't a lot of conflicts. I love the years when there are so many good classes I don't know what to take. I'm hoping that next year offers a more interesting selection of advanced classes and new technique classes. I hope Alasdair returns so I can take the remaining double knitting classes. Unfortunately the 2 day intensive probably won't be there.

    Maybe I'll see you there!


    Prairie Willow can be found on Ravelry at noliegirl. Prairie Willow is an avid knitter and jewelry designer. My jewelry can be found at Prairie Willow Jewelry;

    Photos copyright Prairie Willow Knits. .

    No comments:

    Post a Comment