Monday, August 25, 2014

Fiber Arts at Recent Shows in the Bay Area: San Jose Renaissance Fair

I've gone to two shows in the past month, at opposite ends of the spectrum. The first was actually a Renaissance fair in downtown San Jose. I went with my husband looking for Burning Man clothes. I took the opportunity to see what knitted and crocheted items were available. There were few knitted (just some animal hats) and a lot of crocheted items available for sale.

The crocheted items for sale reminded me more of the 60s and 70s than of the renaissance time frame.

I'll discuss the second show, the San Francisco ACC show in a later post.


Prairie Willow can be found on Ravelry at noliegirl. Prairie Willow is an avid knitter and jewelry designer. My jewelry can be found at Prairie Willow Jewelry;

.

No comments:

Post a Comment