Monday, May 5, 2014

Double Brioche Scarf Pattern Available on Ravelry

My Double Brioche Scarf pattern is available on Ravelry. This is my first brioche pattern (hopefully there will be more). I have been intrigued with Double Brioche for some time now and decided to write up this simple pattern so others could play with double brioche. I have written two photo tutorials to help with knitting the BRK2, BRP2 and SL2YO stitches. The tutorials can be found at:
  • The BRK2 and SL2YO Brioche Stitches
  • The Double Brioche BRP2 and SL2YO Stitches
  • You will need to use a circular needle for this pattern (or a really long double point). Flat 2 color brioche requires that you knit across the first dark color row and then slide the work back to where you started to work the first light color row. Once that is complete, the work is turned. This sliding action cannot be accomplished on traditional straight needles.

    The pattern is free and can be downloaded at Double Brioche Scarf


    Prairie Willow can be found on Ravelry at noliegirl. Prairie Willow is an avid knitter and jewelry designer. My jewelry can be found at Prairie Willow Jewelry

    Photos copyright Prairie Willow Knits .

    7 comments:

    1. I just can't figure out this pattern. I've restarted five times and can't come close to the photo. Any ideas. Can't find anything on YouTube. What am I missing. The tutorials aren't helping me either. I've had some experience ce with brioche, but not double. Thanks

      ReplyDelete
    2. First, make sure you have the latest version of the pattern. The initial release had an error. You should be working from: DoubleBriocheScarf-1.2.20140504.pdf. If not, download it. If you are working from that version of the pattern, I would need more information to help you. If you are familiar with brioche, the you know that the YO wraps around the stitch you slip and when you knit that stitch you knit it together with the YO. In the case of double brioche, the yarn over wraps around two slipped stitches and when you knit those stitches, each stitch must be knit with the YO.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Just starting... is there any special directions or tutorial on adding the light color in the "Setup Row 1b (RS LC)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Slip the first stitch and then knit the BRK2 with LC and continue from there. You will have an LC end. This is similar to how you start a second color when knitting stripes.

        Delete
    4. Thanks for this pattern, it's turning out pretty well except for the ends. I keep ending up with one stitch from the previous row from S1 *BRP2, SL2YO at the beginning and then when I come back around to it with the other color I am supposed to SL2YO with the LC but I only have one. Is the beginning stitch supposed to be SL1, YO? Or am I doing something wrong? I am not very experienced with brioche knit so it definitely may be me
      Thank you so much in advance and thank you very much for the pattern!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. There is one stitch on each edge. Depending on the row it is slippped, knit or purled. So, for a 36 stitch scarf, you will have 2 edge stitches and 34 stitches that are actually knit in double brioche. If you ares still having problems let me know. I'm going to knit through the pattern repeat, taking pictures at the end of each pass.

        Delete
      2. See my latest post. I have posted some pictures following each pattern row. Hope this helps.

        Delete