Monday, March 3, 2014

Stitches West Market 2014

Is this all mine? No, although I can claim a good portion. This is the stitches haul from six of the Friday night regulars at Green Planet Yarn. It was a good market this year. This was the first year for The Plucky Knitter. There was almost a continuous line outside the booth. I had recently bought a couple of skeins from A Verb for Keeping Warm, nice yarn. So, I waited through the line to pick up some more Primo Fingering. I love sock yarns that contain cashmere. Primo is a 76 - 20 - 5, that's 75% Italian merino, 20% cashmere, and 5% nylon. They also had a 55% Merino / 45% Cashmere fingering blend. I didn't buy any but it was a nice yarn.

Another first time participant was Canon Hand Dyes. At Knitting Lab last year a bunch of us purchased Vintage Christmas and made socks. We were hooked. It was the first stop for several of us this year.

The Yarnover Truck was an unique first time visitor. The truck was setup in a booth space. They had a good selection of Baah! LaJolla, one of my favorite yarns.

Miss Babs is always a big hit, another first stop for many Friday night regulars. I couldn't resist and picked up a couple of sock yarn babbettes. Other popular spots: Cephalopod Yarns, The Verdant Gryphon, A Verb for Keeping Warm, Abstract Fiber, Handwerks, Sweet Fibers, RedFish Dyeworks, Anzula, Spincycle Yarns, Lisa Souza, Dragonfly Fibers and Shalimar Yarn.

Ok, ok, so what did I buy? You'll need a Ravelry account to look at this link. My stitches 2014 haul is here. I made it to Western Sky this year and picked up a couple of beautiful skeins. I picked up some self-striping yarn and the Zebra Sock Pattern from the Knitters Brewing Company and some "Lost Souls" skeins of Breathless from Shalimar Yarns. I also picked up some Canon Hand Dyes, Brooklyn Tweed, Lisa Souza, Miss Babs, Plucky Knitter, Sassy Sheep, Baah!, Indigo Dragonfly, Redfish Dyeworks, Sweet Fiber, Theresa Ruch and Verdant Gryphon. A sampling can be seen around the border of this article.


Prairie Willow can be found on Ravelry at noliegirl. Prairie Willow is an avid knitter and jewelry designer. My jewelry can be found at Prairie Willow Jewelry;

Photos copyright Prairie Willow Knits..

No comments:

Post a Comment