Monday, January 6, 2014

Knitting Goals for 2014

Over the last 2 years, I have done a good job of meeting my yearly goals. I have increased my knowledge in different knitting areas, I have published patterns, but now I need to do some stash control. So here are some of my goals for 2014:

  • Use up some of my sock yarn. I'm going to start knitting simple mitts for gifts and charity to use up some of that yarn (Stash Mitt-down)
  • Use up some of my leftover sock yarn. This is yarn used to make other items, but not enough to knit another pair of socks. I'll use it to make small stuffed items, striped socks and striped mitts (Mouse Invasion)
  • Use up some of my worsted & bulky stash. I don't really use yarn of this weight, so I need to use it up.
  • Organize my stash!!! I need to get all of the yarn into named bins and record that information in ravelry so I can find my yarn more easily
  • Learn how to size a sweater to fit me well.
  • Learn how to calculate appropriate yardage requirements for a sweater
  • Use my sweater knowledge to adjust and knit the central park hoodie or a similar sweater
  • Make use of my newly acquired brioche knowledge to knit up some scarves and / or hats
  • Complete the Master sock class book. I have 3 pairs of socks to go, so I need to finish them
  • Publish some more patterns, including a stranded sock or hat pattern
  • Master tension when knitting continental style
  • I'm sure I'll come up with more goals for the year, but this is a good start. What are your goals for the year?


    Prairie Willow can be found on Ravelry at noliegirl. Prairie Willow is an avid knitter and jewelry designer. My jewelry can be found at Prairie Willow Jewelry;

    Photos copyright Prairie Willow Knits.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment