Monday, December 2, 2013

I Couldn't Resist

I don't usually do any holiday knitting, but I couldn't resist the Ho, Ho Hat by Deborah Tomasello. I have always admired her stranded hats, but never got around to knitting one. Deborah had a promotion for this pattern in early November, so I took advantage and downloaded the pattern. I've been busy with other knitting and queued this pattern in hopes that I could start it and finish before Christmas. Well, I couldn't resist and I put down boring knitting and picked up this hat.

The hat starts with corrugated 2x2 rib
Completion of the first round of "santas". This hat requires 3 color stranding. Since it has light colors, I needed to be careful when catching my carries. I didn't use my 2-handed stranding technique since it resulted in color bleed through. Rather, I just brought the new color over the old colors before knitting the stitch or catching the yarn.
Completion of second santa row.
The finished hat.
The inside of the finished hat.

Overall, this is a pretty easy and fast knit. I used Knit Picks Palette yarn for the first time and was pleasantly surprised by how nice it is to knit with. Its a good value for the money. The only downside is that the hat is a bit big for my head. I can still wear it and I will for the remaining holiday season.


Prairie Willow can be found on Ravelry at noliegirl. Prairie Willow is an avid knitter and jewelry designer. My jewelry can be found at Prairie Willow Jewelry;

Photos copyright Prairie Willow Knits. Pattern is copyright by Deborah Tomasello

No comments:

Post a Comment