Thursday, September 12, 2013

Stitches West 2014 Classes

I have to say, I was disappointed with the class selection this year. I was hoping for more classes discussing publishing issues. I also noticed that Cookie A is not teaching this year -- too bad, her classes are fun and educational. I actually use the many things I have learned in her classes. I can't say that for many other classes I've taken.

This year, I decided that I'm going to learn more about sweaters. I chose three classes:

  • Secrets of the Sleeve Cap
  • Sweater Redesign
  • Top Down Short Row Sleeve
  • All three classes are taught by the same person and I've never had a class from her before, so I'm hoping for the best.

    What Do I Hope to Learn?

  • how to modify any sweater pattern to my gauge.
  • How to modify a pattern to get an in-between size.
  • How to convert set-in sleeves to short row sleeves.
  • How to perfectly fit a sleeve.
  • Understanding of sweater constructions so I can design my own sweater
  • Maybe I'll see you there.

    Prairie Willow can be found on Ravelry at noliegirl. Prairie Willow is an avid knitter and jewelry designer. My jewelry can be found at Prairie Willow Jewelry

    No comments:

    Post a Comment