Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Stitches West Recovery with Sock Yarn

I love working with fingering weight yarns. While we have wonderful weather in the Bay Area of California,it is difficult to wear heavy knits. Lightweight knits have a longer wearing life throughout the year. So I spend a lot of time looking at sock yarns when I'm in the Stitches West market. This year I focused on yarns that I cannot buy locally.

I found some Cephalopod Yarns "Bugga!" and "Skinny Bugga!" at the Little Red Bicycle booth. This is a lovely skein of Rose Weevil. What can I say, I can't resist a good red and love red socks. Unfortunately, I didn't see any yarn from Verdnnt Gryphon. Maybe next year.

While in their booth, I picked up a skein of Tandem Sock. This will make a nice pair of socks for my husband.

While I was avoiding highly variegated yarns, I saw this yarn at the Lisa Souza booth. This yarn would make a good sock in either the Hexagons or the Ziprelaxagon Sock by Kirsten Hall. Both would highlight this yarn.

I saw this yarn at Kattickloo Fiber Studios booth. While their purchasing process was antiquated, the yarn is lovely, and surprise, it will make a nice pair of socks.

 

 

 

 

Prairie Willow can be found on Ravelry at noliegirl. Prairie Willow is an avid knitter and jewelry designer. My jewelry can be found at Prairie Willow Jewelry


Photos copyright Prairie Willow Knits

No comments:

Post a Comment