Saturday, February 11, 2012

First Sock of 2012, Second Goal of 2012

My first sock of 2012 is Chrissy Gardiner's "Slip n Slide" sock. This is also the February selection for the Green Planet Sock Club. As socks go, this was a pretty easy knit. I opted to do the heel in pattern. In the past I have always done a heel stitch heel. We'll see how this wears.

Since this was a top-down sock design, this sock gave me the opportunity to use the German Twisted Cast On. I like this cast on as it is very stretchy. I'll need to reinforce this knowledge in another sock.

I pulled from stash for this sock and used my Pagewood Farms Glacier Bay in Maple Leaf for these socks.

More details about the construction of this sock can be found at Forest Floor Sock

 

 

 

 

 

Prairie Willow can be found on Ravelry at noliegirl.


Photos copyright Prairie Willow Knits

No comments:

Post a Comment