Friday, January 13, 2012

What you see isn't always what you get

I joined the Stephen West Shawl Club since I enjoy knitting his designs. The first pattern was "Sharktooth" and when I first saw it, I didn't like it. There really wasn't anything I liked about that pattern, so, when I chose my yarn I was looking for one with sufficient yardage whose colorway i wasn't fond of. I chose Malabrigo Sock in the Persia colorway. I love knitting Malabrigo sock, but i wasn't overly fond of the colorway. I began knitting along with others in my LYS (Green Planet Yarn). After a false start and a few ripped out rows, I completed the shawl. I still didn't like it. I blocked it and tried it on and what happened??? I loved it and want to knit it again.

Lesson learned: Sometimes its worth knitting a pattern whose merits aren't apparent at first.

Prairie Willow can be found on Ravelry at noliegirl

No comments:

Post a Comment