Thursday, January 19, 2012

WestKnits January Shawl Pattern is Available

The January shawl pattern installment is available. I joined the shawl club as a means to use up some of my stash. I won't be starting this shawl right away as I already have a couple of projects underway. However, I do have some color ideas.

My first idea is to combine to use madelinetosh merino light in fig and filigree.

I love this color combination. It works because this particular skein of Filigree is gold dominant. If I don't use it here, I will use it in another colorwork shawl.

The club yarns include a black & white that is highly differentiated. I could choose a yarn that is pretty bold in its color changes. Here we have a couple of Abstract Fiber Super Sock yarns in Laurelhurst and Indigo:

I have several skeins of Laurelhurst and was hoping for a single project which shows off the yarn's lovely colors. My third choice is Miss Bags Yummy Sock in "Mum". This colorway has many lovely colors which could be paired with other yarns. In this color "wheel", starting from the top, I have Sundara Merino Cashmere in "Black Cherry", Madeline Tosh Sock in "Moorland", Madeline Tosh Sock in "Fig" and Madeline Tosh Sock in "Cloak".

Of these four combinations I am leaning towards Mum & Moorland or Mum and Black Cherry. I will need to pull out the yarns to make a final decision.

Prairie Willow can be found on Ravelry at noliegirl.


Arroway shawl photo, copyright WestKnits
Yarn photos copyright Prairie Willow Knits

No comments:

Post a Comment