Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Knitting Goals for 2012

While I am not much into new years resolutions, it is still a good idea to identify some goals for the coming year.

  • Complete a shawl or scarf that is entirely composed of lace. (air = yarn) I have a collection of patterns in my Ravelry queue that will meet this goal.
  • Complete a shawl using lace weight yarn. I have been collecting a bit of lace weight yarn but haven't used any yet.
  • Complete a lace weight sweater.
  • Complete the central park hoodie or equivalent aran/worsted weight sweater.
  • Complete a pair of socks with an unusual construction. Socks such as the Skew Sock.
  • Complete a felted project, such as a bag or a pair of slippers.
  • Complete a pair of mitts.
  • Master the German twisted cast on. I have done it once, but I keep forgetting how to do it.
  • Understand short row shaping of sweater shoulders.
  • Create a sweater using a yarn other than a wool yarn.
  • Learn an invisible short row technique.
  • Learn the Icord bind off.
  • Complete a chevron shawl design and publish the pattern.
  • Complete something in the linen stitch.
  • Start a blog. This is not really a knitting goal, but I was asked if I had one, so I might as well start one. These goals are pretty generic in that they do not specify a specific pattern that I need to complete. This is because I prefer the flexibility to choosing a pattern based on my interests and needs of the moment. However, I do have one specific pattern goal and that is to complete a Summit wrap or shawl. This pattern has fascinated me for a while and I would really like to complete it.

    Prairie Willow can be found on Ravelry at noliegirl

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment