Friday, January 6, 2012

January in Illinois

Deep Blue Flugel
I've been in California now for almost 16 years, so I've become a bit thin skinned when comes to cold. Since I'll be making a trip back to Illinois in January, I have an opportunity to make use of some of my Bulky weight stash. I decided to make Hannah Fettig's Flugel Pullover.

It was a reasonably quick knit that I made more difficult by using short rows to shape the shoulders. I didn't want to seam the shoulders, but rather use the Kitchener stitch to join them. Kitchener didn't work out - my stitch quality wasn't good enough. So instead, I did a 3-needle bind off to join the shoulder. Since the length of the arm fell at an odd place, I decided to add a ribbed cuff to complete the sweater.

The sweater was made with Cascade 128, using US 10.5 and US 9 needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment