Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Choosing Colors for a Simple Shawl.

The Westlake shawl is a single color shawl which takes advantage of the texture created by twisted stitches, stockinette and garter stitches. Nothing fancy, just blocks of texture.

Time to stash dive and decide which yarn I'm going to use. The pattern uses Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock. Shepherd sock contains 430 yards per skein. I have some Shepherd sock in the stash, but nothing that fits this shawl. I am thinking of using madelinetosh sock even though a skein has 395 yards. I knit tight, so there is a good chance that a single skein will be sufficient. In any case, I will be weighing my yarn once I get close to the end to see how to best finish the shawl.

I am considering the following colors for this shawl: Composition Book Grey, Stovepipe, Thunderstorm, Georgia O'Keefe, and Kale.

Composition Book Grey Thunderstorm
Kale


 

I still have some time to decide. I'll wait until the pattern is available in PDF.

Prairie Willow can be found on Ravelry at noliegirl.


Westlake shawl photo, copyright WestKnits
Yarn photos copyright Prairie Willow Knits

No comments:

Post a Comment