Sunday, January 15, 2012

Chevron Shawl Experiment 2

The goal of my second experiment was to strengthen the back edge and have less stringy ends. This time i changed the cast on as follows: Cast on 3; knit 14 rows; turn pick up 7 stitches; turn pick up 3 stitches; for a total of 13 stitches. A row was started as follows: K3 YO K1 YO K1 *** M1R (K or P)center M1L *** K1 YO K1 YO K3. Unfortunately, the back edge did not have enough stretch when blocked and the 2 YO stitches next to the back edge caused a little puckering. In the end, I didn't gain any length across the back and the length along the center spine was too long.

Prairie Willow can be found on Ravelry at noliegirl

No comments:

Post a Comment